Your Success is Our Success
Unlike other search firms, we take a consultative approach to helping you navigate your career journey. Talk to us about where you are now, where you’re trying to go with your career, and let us give you some thoughts on how to get there best.
We are seeking a dedicated professional to lead and manage the IT & Informatics functions for our privately held biotech client. The Director of IT & Informatics will be responsible for developing and executing the IT & Informatics strategy and roadmap and expanding the benefits of highly scientific data in support of our Research and Development efforts. The Director of IT & Informatics will work closely with our scientists to implement scientific data management systems in support of our OPERA platform and therapeutic programs. This position is responsible for all IT services and business enablement functions.
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department with periodic updates of the technology strategy/ roadmap and the prioritized portfolio for R&D functions; ensure ongoing alignment of team's activities with the direction and requirements of individual business functions, the broader R&D team and with external partners and technology/life sciences industry directions
- Lead the Informatics Infrastructure, Computational Engineering, and Automation teams to define requirements for off-the-shelf systems or development of internal customized systems and deploy high quality solutions that ensure stakeholder groups have access to data and analytics they need to achieve scientific and clinical outcomes
- Responsible for all IT infrastructure company-wide, including but not limited to planning and management of computer operations; systems and database administration; user administration; change/release management; business continuity; network operations; telecom; cloud services; and field support.
- Implement best in class cybersecurity procedures, business community, disaster recovery, IT change management/controls, and IT policy and procedures.
- Steer the development of automated lab systems, enabling scalable generation and capture of data and its interconnections
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders, strategic vendors, service providers and other external collaborators
- Ensures that projects and solutions are designed to improve customer experience and deliver consistent project management, security, compliance, and architectural standards
- Proactively influences the improvement of the operational effectiveness, collaboration capabilities through the use of technology
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field with 10+ years as an information technology / informatics leader
- 5+ years of successfully building and managing small teams in research computing, engineering and/or automation in a biotech setting
- Strong familiarity with laboratory automation, integration, and scaleup
- Strong understanding of software development practices and comfort acting as a product owner
- Demonstrated experience partnering with Research functions, running steering team meetings, developing training plans, and driving user adoption
- Experience in business analysis, processing mapping, strategic road mapping, and digital transformation
- Experience owning the development and ongoing operations of infrastructure that supports multiple research and development streams
- Hands-on experience working with laboratory information management solutions including compound registration, LIMS, inventory management, assay data analysis, mass spec, and ELN
- Ability to articulate a clear communication of strategy, data, and other information to employees, company leadership, and external stakeholders
- Proven experience in cybersecurity, business relationship management, and project management
- Experience evaluating, implementing, and managing scientific data management platforms, cloud computing, document control/electronic lab notebook software, on-site solutions, and IT vendor services
- Strong cross-functional partnership with business functions to manage enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Collaborative and consultative approach to problem solving and relationship building
- Knowledge and experience in IT compliance and data governance
Job Type: Direct Hire (1524)
Our client is searching for a Director IT, Enterprise Applications. The position is responsible to plan, direct, and manage the IT General and Administrative (G&A) systems and the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/Oracle environment . This individual will be a key member of the IT leadership organization and will oversee an IT management team that will lead business and IT initiatives for Enterprise and G&A applications (e.g. Finance, HR, Legal, and Purchasing) including expanding the Oracle landscape.
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to the Enterprise Applications organization to foster a business-oriented culture to ensure alignment and contribution to the company and functional goals and objectives.
- Lead the development of the Enterprise IT strategy and roadmap, and ensure the teams integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans through coordination with the VP of IT, CIO, and other IT leaders. Current roadmap includes an expanding landscape for Oracle ERP integrated with Oracle Fusion HR.
- Act as a trusted advisor to your business partners to build and maintain relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of the Enterprise and G&A business needs and corresponding delivery of IT services to meet those needs for the organization.
- Develop and control the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for the Enterprise IT team to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives and is within the overall plan.
- Ensure that all Enterprise IT services and processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards, legislation, and regulations (e.g. FDA, GxP, Sarbanes-Oxley, GDPR, HIPAA)
- Direct the IT Enterprise and G&A vendor management strategy to make the most effective use of available internal, contract, and external service provider resources and provide management oversight for strategic partner relationships and vendor contracts.
- Foster innovation and creative solutions to the meet opportunities within the organization and respond with agility to changing business and enterprise priorities.
- Manage communications across IT leaders, IT management and staff to ensure effective collection and dissemination of information regarding Enterprise and global G&A applications.
- Manage project risks in a timely manner to ensure that adverse outcomes are minimized and controlled.
- Provide leadership, direction and day-to-day oversight to the Enterprise IT Applications teams (including staffing, budgeting, and other relevant management and administrative functions).
- Identify, mentor, develop and retain high performing information technology professionals.
- Provide leadership to ensure the overall digital strategy matures appropriately as the company's needs grow. Participate in senior business leadership discussions where you will be asked to provide business relevant updates on IT initiatives and strategies.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent); advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of technology leadership experience with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- 5+ years of working experience managing, Oracle ERP and other G&A and Corporate IT initiatives including large external service provider partnerships within Pharmaceutical and/or Biotech environment. (Preferred)
- Demonstrated experience managing IT services and solutions related to Finance, HR, Legal, Purchasing, and Oracle ERP landscape.
- Demonstrated capability in managing and executing IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing diverse work teams working in remote locations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading IT implementations to enhance business operations in utilizing Oracle capabilities across an organization.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate an Enterprise IT vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns to the IT and business strategy
- Strong organizational skills and experience building consensus across the IT teams
- Ability to perform under pressure and lead multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong corporate systems focus with knowledge of interdependencies that impact the management of Enterprise Applications between various functions and throughout an organization.
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management.
- Strong vendor management and partner relationship skills to identify and leverage both internal/external resources to enhance capabilities that support business objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to corporate business leaders, and business concepts to the IT workforce.
- Experience with full software development life cycle in regulated environment (FDA, GxP, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR and other data privacy, computer system validation) a plus.
- Proven track record for on-time, on-budget delivery over a portfolio of projects.
- Ability to adapt and remain effective in a changing environment.
- Deep understanding of IT systems management across a global organization.
Personal Attributes Needed:
- Inspirational and adaptive leadership style that promotes and fosters innovation, cross-site and cross-functional collaboration, and commitment to an IT and company vision.
- Ability to instill confidence in business organizations and demonstrate the business value of IT.
- Results-oriented individual with strong influencing, problem solving and negotiation skills that drive accountability.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with senior management, key business stakeholders, and external partners to champion change across the organization.
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions to positive outcomes.
A fast growing regional company in Massachusetts is seeking a hands-on Head of IT to lead and drive the technology organization. This role is critical to the success of the business and will require a hands-on technical leader who can define and set the technology roadmap, can deliver on multiple complex infrastructure and application projects, and who can lead and develop a strong team of IT professionals. The right candidate will be able to assess the current technology= landscape and set the strategy and roadmap that will best align with business objectives. Here are more details about the role:
- Develop and lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships.
- Represent the technology agenda to senior leadership and key business stakeholders.
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs.
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of high performing technology professionals, driving performance, and job satisfaction. Create professional development plans throughout the organization along with succession plans.
- Create and define an effective strategic IT roadmap, aligning business goals with the technology support and function.
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations.
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets.
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence.
- Consolidate technology platforms and create plans for each.
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape.
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity.
- Work closely with the Business stakeholders and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements.
- 10+ years of experience in IT leadership; preference is someone who has been the head of an IT organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field.
- In-depth knowledge of SaaS and systems architecture, design and development.
- Hands on experience with complex project management and delivery.
- Experience in retail/POS environments with multiple sites is a plus.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
- Proactive problem solver
Job Type: Direct Hire (1104)
Our client, a growing Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical company in the Boston area is searching for an Associate Director, End User Services. There is amazing new IT senior leadership in place, big opportunity for career growth, design, strategy, and build for this growing IT division.
- Works to ensure users are provided efficient, effective, and timely support on a daily basis; manages scheduling across sites to ensure optimal coverage and responsiveness
- Oversee the internal staff and Managed Service Provider (MSP) to drive goals for call, ticket, and quality performance based on defined performance standards.
- Prioritizes and makes sure that daily, weekly, and monthly metrics, key performance indicators, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually improved to meet the needs of the department.
- Performs on-site tier2 support resolution of PCs, MACs, iPads, Lab computer systems, Conference room (Zoom / AV) and smartphone requests including diagnosis, problem resolution, escalation, and follow-up with end-users on specific requests
- Work with our provider to develop and continually improve a Knowledge Base for improved incident resolution and user self-service.
- Defining and implementing the mobility needs of the organization
- Handling of projects as it relates to End User Services.
- Onboarding and offboarding of end-users from an IT perspective in a timely basis but also achieves regulatory compliance
- Procurement and management of related IT assets
- 7+ years managing - the information technology/information system function
- Prior management experience in an End User Services role. Preferably a Biotech or Life Science organization.
- Experience managing a Managed Service Provider
- Experience maintaining Lab / Manufacturing Computer systems
- Experience supporting remote work forces and multiple sites.
- Experience with Azure, AWS, O365, iPads, and Mobile Device Management
Job Type: Direct Hire (1510)
Our client is looking for an intellectually curious Manager, Marketing Analytics who is excited for the prospect of solving unique novel marketing attribution challenges and is eager to help change the way people think about medicine. As the Manager, Marketing Analytics, you will partner with the marketing team to lead strategy, execution and adoption of data-driven solutions to uncover actionable insights and optimize marketing decisions. You will use data to connect the dots across online and offline channels to share a holistic view of marketing and advertising efforts. This role will be remote, reporting to the Director, Commercial Analytics as an individual contributor to start with plans to grow and develop a team as the business scales.
- Develop and configure complex marketing attribution models and performance analysis models to track and optimize marketing programs, inform investment decisions, and identify upstream/downstream impacts
- Leverage data from multiple sources across marketing, product and sales to provide insight into prospective and existing consumer behaviors
- Perform analysis into specific marketing channels to understand underlying drivers and to optimize conversion funnels
- Collaborate with internal partners, including Marketing, Data Science, and Sales, to influence strategy, drive thought leadership, and deliver insights
- Develop performance indicators and benchmarks, build dashboard that monitor KPIs, highlight areas of improvement, and influence strategy
- Manage vendor and agency relationships to augment bandwidth and support execution efforts
- 6+ years experience in multichannel marketing analytics, including marketing measurement, attribution, forecasting, experimental test design and/or media mix model development, and audience discovery and segmentation
- Possess excellent analytical skills and ideally have experience developing and/or implementing complex multi-channel marketing attribution models
- Experienced data storyteller with a successful track record of presenting complex insights and articulating their meaning and/or implications to support decision making to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable expertise with SQL, Tableau, or other querying/data visualization tools
- Familiar with Google digital marketing products such as Google Analytics 360 or equivalent
Job Type: Direct Hire (1477)