Your Success is Our Success
Unlike other search firms, we take a consultative approach to helping you navigate your career journey. Talk to us about where you are now, where you’re trying to go with your career, and let us give you some thoughts on how to get there best.
We are working with a strong and thriving technology company to help them find a Senior IT Business Partner to join their global technology team in Boston. This is a direct hire, full time, remote role. This person will help pioneer technical solutions that enable the business to transform and grow. This includes defining, owning, and leading efforts to analyze, define, and manage the business systems and infrastructure vital to the success of the company. Here are more details about the role:
- Knowing and understanding customer needs, workflows, value drivers, decision making processes, as well as unstated intentions / goals.
- Promote the role of technology and systems in use as well as how emerging technologies can support business needs.
- Build and support business context – mission, strategy, market differentiators (account activations, sell through, sources of growth), etc.
- Actively manage technology risk, debt, and non-functional requirements.
- Maintain an open, updated and prioritized backlog along with user intent / value stories.
- Effectively communicate vision, business value and strategy to technical teams and partners.
- Lead, prioritize and execute on the program roadmap through detailed requirements and communication across teams.
- Identify the 'the why' of what the business is doing to ensure user goals for each requirement are understood by the team and partners.
- 5+ years of experience in a role supporting product/program/project management in a technical environment.
- Proven success using data analysis to make meaningful recommendations
- Familiarity with Product Data and Product Lifecycle Management.
- Ability to creatively identify and quantify new opportunities for impacting organizational change.
- High level of written and verbal presentation skills needed to present information and recommendations to diverse and often senior audiences.
- MBA is preferred
Job Type: Direct Hire (1104)
The Director, IT Business Systems manages a portfolio of applications that support the Marketing, People Operations (HR), Product Development, Legal, and other identified organizations. They are responsible for the delivery of all IT related project, operations, and support activities to enable business capabilities across the enterprise. Together with the other applications leaders, the Director articulates a future vision for transforming the application and implementation functions, including its strategy, service offerings, and workforce needs. They are a senior stakeholder in all relationships with externally sourced software vendors and implementation partners. In addition, the Director is a key member of the senior IT leadership team, contributing to the development and execution of the enterprise-wide IT strategy, and is responsible for ensuring the application strategy is fully aligned and positioned to deliver compelling business value. Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our growth and changing industry; therefore, candidates with experience guiding organizations through this process are highly desired. Here are more details about the role:
- Collaborate with the IT Leadership team on the mission, vision, and strategy for our business systems environment that aligns with our corporate strategy and goals.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a strong and dedicated team of business analysts, developers, and system administrators, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Build strong partnerships with business stakeholders by developing an understanding of their operations and pain points, and partner together to deliver necessary applications and system enhancements.
- Provide the strategic direction on the Marketing, Human Capital, Product Development, and other related systems/applications, and develop plans to evaluate and implement innovative solutions to drive efficiencies, employee productivity, manage risks, and drive scalability.
- Work with IT leadership and the PMO organization to develop and participate in project governance processes, prioritize initiatives, and align with other IT projects that are in flight or on the roadmap.
- Define and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Manage relationships with major software vendors and implementation service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs and expectations of the organization. Lead related contract negotiations to drive cost efficient and agile solutions and services.
- Work with the CIO and other IT leaders to assess internal resource skills, resource gaps, business demand, and develop short and long-term workforce capacity and staffing plans.
- Collaborate with the CIO to develop annual operating and capital budgets and periodic forecasts that align with the CA’s strategic goals.
- A proven record of mentoring, coaching, goal setting, and developing all team members.
- Ability to manage and lead IT transformational initiatives in a complex, growing, and fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage applications and associated business processes such as website development and content management systems (e.g., Sitecore); marketing automation platforms (e.g., Pardot, Eloqua, etc.); Human Capital Management, talent and compensation management solutions (e.g., Workday, Quantum, HRSoft, ADP, etc.)
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure expectations are properly established and that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and the management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- MBA is preferred
Job Type: Direct Hire (1104)
A fast growing regional company in Massachusetts is seeking a hands-on Head of IT to lead and drive the technology organization. This role is critical to the success of the business and will require a hands-on technical leader who can define and set the technology roadmap, can deliver on multiple complex infrastructure and application projects, and who can lead and develop a strong team of IT professionals. The right candidate will be able to assess the current technology= landscape and set the strategy and roadmap that will best align with business objectives. Here are more details about the role:
- Develop and lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships.
- Represent the technology agenda to senior leadership and key business stakeholders.
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs.
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of high performing technology professionals, driving performance, and job satisfaction. Create professional development plans throughout the organization along with succession plans.
- Create and define an effective strategic IT roadmap, aligning business goals with the technology support and function.
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations.
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets.
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence.
- Consolidate technology platforms and create plans for each.
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape.
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity.
- Work closely with the Business stakeholders and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements.
- 10+ years of experience in IT leadership; preference is someone who has been the head of an IT organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field.
- In-depth knowledge of SaaS and systems architecture, design and development.
- Hands on experience with complex project management and delivery.
- Experience in retail/POS environments with multiple sites is a plus.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
- Proactive problem solver
Job Type: Direct Hire (1104)
Seeking a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) / Chief Information Officer (CIO) to bring vision, leadership, and innovation to its technology systems and capabilities. The CISO/CIO leads the IT organization in the strategy, planning, implementation, and integration of all information systems, and manages key relationships with business partners and internal stakeholders. The right candidate should come from a strong Information Security background, should be a thought leader, and an executive who balances the need for strategic leadership with the execution and ongoing delivery of focused IT services. Here are more details about the role:
- Work with commercial executives to best represent the company’s products, and security program externally with customers, prospects, and partners, and internally with employees.
- Act as a thought leader within the company’s core competencies, working with customers and prospects, to deliver services, and expertise.
- Collaborate with C-level executives to understand and translate company, product, and business strategies into near and long-term IT and business systems, initiatives and roadmaps.
- Evaluate, deploy, and maintain business applications and infrastructure for the company and lead integration of systems.
- Protect customer data, company IP, and vital internal systems through strong Enterprise Information Security planning and governance.
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program.
- Plan and manage operating and capital expense budgets including the qualification and selection of software and infrastructure subscription vendors and services.
- Optimize IT services and operations by attracting and retaining the right talent while nurturing the professional growth of our employees.
- Drive continuous improvement, best practices and efficient operating metrics while enabling the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field.
- Master Degree in relevant discipline desired.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience including at least 10 years in senior management and/or executive roles.
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in working within an Executive Management Team to set priorities, uphold organizational values while retaining a corporate culture, and creating competitive difference.
- Practical security engineering background, with expert level knowledge of infrastructure security concepts including networking devices, identity services, web application security, encryption, penetration/vulnerability tools and endpoint security.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering security solutions within tight time frames, in collaboration with multiple stakeholder groups and contending priorities.
- Outstanding verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills to create high performing teams
Job Type: Direct Hire (1104)
Working in an Agile environment, the Engineering Manager owns all aspects of delivery for the web, CMS, and eCommerce platforms, and the integrations those entail. Working closely with our Product Data, CRM, Analytics, Core Systems, and Marketing teams, this person will lead initiatives that are cornerstone to a vastly innovative and exciting roadmap. This role is deeply technical, requiring a mixture of architectural savviness, operational expertise, the ability to mark and communicate plans, and the ability to assess risks and deliver to schedule. Here are more details about the role:
- You are a team builder and you encourage a strong team to always deliver their best, with passion and dedication, following standard methodologies.
- Pairing up with your architects and tech leads you propose and drive design decisions, look for opportunities to improve your platform so that it remains technically current, while understanding backward compatibility needs and assuring they are met.
- Deliver value to plan, communicating clearly, engaging product teams, software engineers, interface designers and domain authorities across different parts of the organization.
- Work with partners to establish and handle product backlogs, product estimates and budgets.
- With your team you take point on high priority critical issues and you remain willing to jump in and help other teams that may need your assistance.
- Operate in a cloud environment, work towards continuous delivery, understand orchestration and demonstrate it to guarantee uptime.
- Although coding is not a key duty or responsibility, you are not afraid to code, will support the rigor behind code reviews and will participate in them to ensure accurate coverage.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
- Shown success in a leadership role with responsibility for delivery of software development projects within either a technology services or software product organization
- Understanding of web, CMS, and eCommerce principles and standard methodologies
- Implementing and/or running a Web Content Management System (WCMS) and/or Digital Asset Management (DAM) system as well as experience with implementing and/or handling B2C eCommerce systems.
- Experience building enterprise ready and cloud enabled web applications using frameworks such as Angular and React
- Experience maintaining multiple CI pipelines each targeted at different test and certification environments.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting standard methodologies, using tools such as Dynatrace and Opsgenie. Experience with load testing and performance tuning using JMeter, Gatling or other frameworks
- Up to 10% travel might be required
Job Type: Direct Hire (1104)
This position will encompass various responsibilities including project management, requirements/process definition, and change management. The candidate should be able to lead the Development Solutions IT team and Informatics resources through project prioritization, technical decision making, and facilitation of troubleshooting. The IT Associate Director will be expected to have a strong understanding of the overall drug discovery process and its distinct requirements. The ideal candidate will partner closely with Senior Management within the business to understand their unique needs and priorities. Here are more details about the role:
- Manage and optimize resources within the IT Development Solutions Organization and Informatics resources (direct reports, contractors, consultants and vendors).
- Oversee and facilitate professional development of Development Solutions and Informatics IT team members.
- Serve as IT technical leader, providing guidance on new technologies and support for those technologies.
- Lead and manage relationships with external IT vendors.
- Lead and manage the support of key IT applications for the Development organization (ELN, Data Aggregation/Visualization tools, Modeling tools.
- Provide leadership, project management and/or implementation support for various Development and Informatics systems projects and initiatives.
- Elicit requirements using interviews and workshops, document analysis and business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Develop or oversee creation and maintenance of design documents, SOPs, test scripts, user acceptance testing, user documentation, production support documentation, and other relevant deliverables for various IT systems
- Ensure effective transition of documentation, knowledge transfer, service levels, and training required for production support of new and updated IT solutions and services
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and various internal and external support teams
- Ensure appropriate IT processes, procedures, and standards are developed and in place
- Build and foster effective relationships between the business, external service providers and IT
- Partner with other global and local IT management to ensure alignment and coordination of IT best practices
- Lead issue resolution and cross-functional problem solving with internal and external technical support providers
- Manage internal and external service provider quality and performance to ensure that services are delivered according to the specified service levels, requirements, and overall effectiveness
- Manage project risks in a timely manner to ensure that adverse outcomes are minimized
- Introduce best practice and process improvement ideas where appropriate
- Work closely with the IT R&D Leadership Team to progress harmonized group procedures, team building efforts, and group efficiency initiatives
- Collaborate with the Global IT team to share best practices and learn from peers within the industry
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related STEM field; post-graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 10-12 years experience supporting / implementing Scientific systems (or equivalent).
- Experience working directly with scientific employees
- Experience in implementing Research/Development/Informatics solutions within a global pharmaceutical company
- Experience managing IT vendor relationships within pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Experience with formal software and hardware vendor selection process
- Demonstrated ability to manage several complex projects at the same time utilizing effective project management best practices
- Scripting languages a plus
Job Type: Direct Hire (1104)
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the IT organizations strategy, implementation, and support for all business systems (Commercial, G&A, Clinical, R&D, Supply chain and Quality).This responsibility will include a range of activities within the information technology organization including project management, developing, and maintaining procedures to ensure a stable, robust, and scalable set of applications to support the changing business needs and support. This position will encompass many activities including evaluating new applications; implementing approved solutions that will help propel and support the business goals; refining existing solutions that are currently in place and managing the day to day needs of each of the existing solutions. This is a critical role on the Information Technology team. Here are more details about the role:
- Develop solid working relationships across the business and technical groups to allow for effective project leadership and collaboration.
- Coordinate projects and priorities to ensure proper implementation and support of all business facing applications across the enterprise.
- Serve as the IT control owner for all business facing applications overseeing all quarterly and yearly activities required within the environment and serve as key point of contact for audit and control requirements for all business facing applications.
- Ensure appropriate IT processes, procedures, and standards are in place by developing and maintaining standards and operational procedures for the support of all business facing applications and related technologies within the organization.
- Provide input to yearly budgeting and review processes for area of responsibility.
- Lead and manage support to the business and external providers regarding all business facing applications and enhancements in line with the overall company objectives and solution capabilities.
- Serve as a functional/technical lead for the business to help define, estimate, and propose solutions for business opportunities leveraging all business facing applications and related technologies.
- Administer the Veeva CRM system for Sales, Medical affairs and other business users.
- Oversee vendor relationships and initiate vendor assessments.
- Coordinate issue resolution with internal and external support providers.
- Work with other IT team members to maintain roadmap for the integration of solutions with Veeva CRM (e.g. Commercial Data Environment, Commercial HUB, Aggregate Spend)
- Responsible for preparing RFPs, review bid proposals, develop ROI’s and ensure contracts and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts are in place.
- Ensure adherence to FDA computer systems validation compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and GDPR controls.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience with progressively increasing technical, project management and/or management responsibilities.
- 3+ years’ experience in working with Salesforce.com and Veeva products.
- Prior experience in life science industry is preferred; as well as high growth/expansion.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations (including data privacy practices and laws) to company operations.
- Experience within pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Experience with enterprise information management systems and software vendor selection.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Demonstrated ability managing Saas based applications.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Functional knowledge commercial applications and data warehousing concepts.
- Ability to develop, document and analyze business requirements and functional specifications for business software solutions.
Job Type: Direct Hire (1104)
seeking a Head of QMS who will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing Quality Management Systems (QMS) and processes to ensure GxP compliance. We are looking for a hands-on individual that can partner with internal departments to develop and support the Documentation Management System (DMS), Learning Management System (LMS) and Quality Management System (QMS) for Deviations, CAPAs, change control and complaints including process improvement implementations that meet business and regulatory requirements. The individual will also be responsible for complaints, APQR, Recalls and Quality oversite of Computer System Validation. The individual will lead inspection readiness activities to assure inspection readiness at all times. Here are more details about the role:
- Assist in document management system configuration and implementation.
- Lead GxP SOP generation, review, and approval process.
- Support cross functional teams in processing document requests, document approval, and document archival.
- Maintain periodic review process for documents.
- Manage and oversee GxP training program. Works with functional area managers to establish training matrixes, assigns training and reports training KPIs.
- Implement and manage QMS for deviations, CAPA, Complaints and Change Control. Monitor the overall health of the QMS, reports QMS KPI to executive team and drives continuous improvement of the QMS.
- Create and revise SOPs related to document control, document archival, training and QMS.
- Lead the preparation for and hosting of regulatory agency inspections.
- Manage the regulatory inspection process, to include back room and front room communications, SME assignments, and mobilization planning. Lead inspection logistics activities.
- Support inspection readiness activities throughout the organization.
- Manage Product Quality Complaints from intake through investigation and close out.
- Implement and oversee APQR process.
- Provide Quality oversite for Computer System Validation.
- Lead recalls and field alerts for quality.
- Lead and oversee risk management for the company.
- Act as Management Representative for Management reviews. Prepare and facilitate Management Reviews.
- Promote a Culture of Quality.
- BS degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience in Biotech or Pharma and 5+ years' experience in Quality Systems and compliance roles. A degree in life sciences or Chemistry a plus.
- Ability to develop and implement appropriate GxP quality systems to ensure site compliance and Sponsor oversight responsibilities.
- Knowledge of FDA and EU GxP requirements as applicable to clinical trials, manufacturing, testing, packaging, and distribution.
- Experience with complaints, recalls, FARs.
- Experience with APQR management.
- Experience with Management Reviews.
- Working knowledge of QMS electronic platforms e.g. Veeva, Pilgrim, TrackWise, ZenQMS, etc.
- Experience in preparing for and supporting inspections by regulatory agencies.
- Understanding of domestic and international GxP regulatory requirements.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to travel about 10%.
Job Type: Direct Hire (1104)