The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of IT projects that includes any and all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating
system development life cycle. The Project Manager is accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget, and with high quality. This position
focuses on the implementation of projects within the area of Information Security and HR technology Solutions.
The position provides Project Management for a global Information Security Access Automation project and drives continuous improvement to business processes
and business results based on the capabilities of the global solution design. This position will also provide Project management for a global HR SuccessFactors
integration project focused on the final phase of retiring the company’s legacy SAP-HCM module by migrating all HR interfaces and remaining capabilities
into SuccessFactors and the related integrations middleware.
The position works closely with business leadership and Global IT Business Partners, serving as an expert resource, bringing forth opportunities to leverage
Global IT solutions to better the business and influencing decisions regarding business process changes.
The Sr. Project Manager is part of the Global IT Portfolio Management & Governance organization.
In this role he/she has as main responsibilities:
- Identify necessary management structures for projects, and secure the management involvement required.
- Oversee and control any external resources contracted to the project.
- Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate project risks.
- Drive proper project chartering and setup.
- Maintain strategic alignment of projects by analyzing charters and reviewing with management decision makers, typically out of a PMO.
- Responsible for managing and preparing the IT portfolio status report and dashboard for IT-Steering Committee
- Forecast internal resource capacity by tracking the progress of projects across the portfolio, typically out of a PMO.
- Perform team management, driving motivation, collaboration and performance.
- Manage project administrators or junior PMs as needed, typically out of a PMO in a larger organization.
- Provide an environment conducive to the mentoring, coaching and training apprentice PMs.
- Estimate project costs and manage the budget (includes related scope control).
- Define and drive "rightsized" project management processes (especially, supporting quality assurance).
- Track short-term project metrics (for example, schedule variances and customer satisfaction) to drive improvement.
- Review the project's medium-term benefits (for example, to support business-case process improvement).
- Facilitate the definition of the project scope, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements.
- Establish a communication strategy in partnership with business and IT sponsors and effectively communicate project related information to team members,
IT management, and customers throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop and maintains project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of resources and materials and other project
- Technical PM will work with the Engineers to take the technology from POC to pilot to production.
- Keeps user experience in the forefront of all users facing projects. Work with technical teams and business teams when developing technologies and
communication plans to provide an optimal end user experience.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Manage and negotiate project scope changes.
- Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Efficiently identify and resolve project issues.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and other project managers.
- Escalate issues that require executive attention.
- Manage vendor contracts and drive deliverables to meet target dates.
- Ensure business inclusion throughout the management of the project schedule, project decision making, training, etc.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in Business Transformation program and/or Project management area.
- Very good project management skills, with proven track record of leading broad, complex and/or strategic projects combined with the ability to execute
at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with managing IT/Business projects in information security, access automation (experience with implementation of Sailpoint
- Demonstrated experience with HR processes, technology and experience implementing or migration HR related interfaces via API middleware
- Demonstrated experience managing projects in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
- In-depth knowledge and experience defining project scope, team building, Business requirement and understand functional/technical specifications related
to SAP, Finance, HR, Supply Chain Management or other business applications systems
- Strong knowledge and experience of Change management and regulatory compliance requirements including GxP, Computer Systems Validation, SOX, Security,
Data Privacy ….
- Broad business acumen and understanding of software development processes, outsourcing and off-shoring.
- Proven experience working effectively in a matrix organization and ability to collaborate effectively across geographies
- Integrated process, people, quality and commitment-centric approach to getting work done.
- Ability to mentor and motivate many kinds of direct or indirect reports, teams and/ or project members
- Drive for high quality and ability to collaborate with other stakeholders to achieve high goals
- Ability to work with different cross-functional stakeholders to establish and ensure a reliable and productive working relationship
- Experience running a dynamic, growing organization in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Experience building relationships with executive leaders. Strong leadership and mentorship capabilities. Functional management experience in a corporate
environment (includes hiring, management, assessment, correction as needed).
- Good written and oral communication skills including capacity to comfortably interface with senior leaders, including executive staff.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence.
- Experience in hiring and management of project resources (internal and external)
- Bachelor’s degree Business management and/or Information Technology management
- Understanding and adherence to PMI’s or similar Project and portfolio Management methodologies
- PMP certification is a plus
Job Type: Contract